KNEE PAIN REHABILITATION PROGRAMME (6 Sessions)
HOW DOES THIS KNEE PAIN REHABILITATION PROGRAMME HELP?
Pain in the knees can be caused by a number of causes such as overuse, muscle strains, tendinitis, arthritis, osteoarthritis, sports injuries, ligament sprains and tears.
One of the most common conditions our rehabilitation programme looks after is Anterior Knee Pain, a clinical syndrome characterised by pain around the kneecap, often exacerbated by activity because your knees have to take the full weight of your body. This pain is also common amongst endurance training enthusiasts in long distance running, hiking or cycling. Our Knee Pain Rehabilitation Programme identifies your problems and assists in returning you to your training and exercise routine in no time at all.Book An Appointment
*Please enquire via phone or email about special package rates for specialty treatment plans
KNEE PAIN REHABILITATION PROGRAMME: consists of 6 sessions
INITIAL ASSESSMENT INCLUDES:
- Lower legs alignment (any leg length discrepancy; any valgus/varus knee; pronated feet; Q-angle etc.)
- Lower Limbs Muscles strength and flexibility (especially Quadricep muscles and Iliotibial Band Syndrome or IT Band Syndrome)
- Proper shoes wear
- Running assessment on treadmill
*The initial assessment may be covered over the first one or two sessions based on individual requirements.
SUBSEQUENT SESSIONS INCLUDE:
- Treatment plan to relieve pain and symptoms
- Manual technique for soft tissue release
- Muscle strengthening treatment plan especially for lower limbs and core strengthening
- Advice for shoes wear and running form (if necessary)
- Discussions on a tailor-made training schedule and exercise prescription programme